Thursday, March 3, 2011

Another Move

This week, I moved my camper from one side of the street to the other. When I finished, I was exhausted. This is a picture of my camper in its new site:

SNewCamperSite2 (2)

I know it looks pretty close to the back of the site, but I promise you I did not back over the utility post.

To the left of this picture there is a cactus. It’s in flower though it’s tough to see it. I’ll try to take a better, closer picture another day. Here you can only make out one of the red flowers, but there are red buds or flowers at the end of those big flat oval leaves(?):

SCactusBehind2 

Today, in order to save on gas when I’m driving, I moved a lot of travel-related stuff out of the back of my pickup truck to my bigger storage site (5’ long by 5’ wide by 10’ tall). I also had to move the stuff from my 5’x5’x5’ space into the bigger site. This afternoon, I am beyond exhausted. I don’t have a word to describe it. After breakfast, I went directly from the restaurant to my storage facility.

My day started with a nice breakfast at Cracker Barrel with my cousin Richard, my brother Jeff and his friend Jerry. The cooks are Cracker Barrel sure know how to make French toast. 

I was at the storage facility from about 10 am until 2 pm working most of that time. I then headed home where I took a short nap. I’m getting ready to lie down and, hopefully, finish this great book my neighbor loaned me called The Devil’s Punchbowl by Greg Iles. It’s set in Natchez, Mississippi (I spelled out the state name so you will know I haven’t forgotten how to spell it in my old age). It’s an incredibly fast-paced, exciting book. I’m enjoying it immensely. It makes me want to visit Natchez sometime in the future.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment