Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Two for the Gas of One

Yep, you heard it right. Today, I went to AMC and saw two movies without having to drive there two times – two movies for the gas of one. I still had to pay for two movies, but didn’t regret it as they were both great movies.

Mars Needs Moms was a terrific cartoon movie. I laughed. I cried (well, had tears in my eyes). I was thoroughly entertained. Joan Cusack played the Mom, though her character spent a lot of time not part of the movie action. Somebody had a vivid imagination – it was much better than I anticipated.

After seeing the spooky previews for Battle Los Angeles, I seriously debated whether I wanted to see it. I’m glad I did. The spooky music in the preview didn’t show up in the movie, but there was a lot of action, good guys, bad guys, a chase involving a bus, lots of tension as a group of people try to get out of an area of LA before the USAF starts bombing the region they are in.

After I got home, I took a 2 1/2 hour nap. Then, since I’d been having trouble with connecting to the Internet, I called Verizon. They are going to send me a new modem – a completely different model – on Thursday, so I may not be able to post this until then. I do manage to get on the Internet once in a while and will try to post this in the morning, but who knows?

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment