Monday, March 21, 2011

A Little Outing

This morning, my cousin Richard and I had breakfast at Cracker Barrel and then went to Camping World so I could get some treatment for my black water tank.

After I dropped him off, I decided I didn’t want to spend another day just sitting and lying around reading. I went to Busch Gardens. Fortunately, it was a good day for walking. I took my cane, but just in case my knees started reacting to the walk.

It was a gorgeous day there. The orchids were beautiful as you can see from some of the pictures I took:

smBuschGardens20110321-04-1

 smBuschGardens20110321-07-1

 smBuschGardens20110321-08-1

 smBuschGardens20110321-09-1 

My plan was to go there, catch Katonga at the Moroccan Theater, ride the train around and then go back home.

First, I didn’t get to see Katonga. It wasn’t on. Instead, there was a  show called Cirque Dreams: Jungle Fantasy. The basic stage was the same, but the show was very different.

smBuschGardens20110321-11-1

It was a show without a lot of continuity – no plot or story, but the talent was outstanding. Several years ago, Busch Gardens had a group of Russian tumblers and performers. They were great. These folks were at least as talented. There was a juggler. There was a guy who did some incredible balancing acts way high off the ground. There were two girls who must have been double-jointed. This show is worth seeing and I think it’s only there for a limited time.

Busch is building another roller coaster called Cheetah something that stretches all the way from the Moroccan Palace area to at least Rhino Rally or beyond. It is going to be massive and probably go like a cheetah.The part near the Moroccan Palace is amazing as you can see by the picture:

smBuschGardens20110321-10-1 

I was standing not far from the alligator area when I took this picture. You can see the front of the Moroccan Palace on the left side.

I never did get my train ride. The line went from the train station back to where the Asian Small-Clawed Otters are. That’s the tank where old Crocodile Joe used to be. I have no idea what happened to him.

On the whole, I had a great time there and, though I was walking slowly by the time I left, I still haven’t experienced any problems from my outing.

Tomorrow, I plan to see two movies: Paul and The Lincoln Lawyer.

I got home, checked my email and took a two-hour nap. Now, I should be able to stay up and see Harry’s Law.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment