Thursday, March 17, 2011

A Little Better

From Wednesday, 3/16/20011

My Internet connection worked a little better today, though I still had to keep rebooting and restarting it way too frequently. It’s been kind of quiet here today. I watched Harry’s Law and two episodes of Fairly Legal, both well worth the stopping and restarting. Oh well, tomorrow my new modem should come.

Towards the end of the day, I couldn’t get my modem to connect at all so I decided to post this with Thursday’s.

From Thursday, 3/17/2011

Spent a wonderful morning over at my cousin Richard’s house waiting for FedEx to come. It was great to be able to be there and not worry about cat dander.

We enjoyed McDonald’s oatmeal and a sandwich then watched Sisters and Other Strangers starring Joanne Kerns and Glynnis Johns. FedEx came before the movie was over, but I stayed to see the end.

My modem installed immediately and then 2 minutes later disconnected itself. That did not seem promising, but I left it connected when I went to Publix for groceries. When I came back, it was still connected. I spent the afternoon reading. With the camper closed up, it was 90 in here when I got back, but it’s down to 88 now (7:13pm). I plan on reading for the rest of the evening – in front of the fan, of course. I’m on Reacher novel #4 by Lee Child (Running Blind).

Tomorrow, I’m meeting a bunch of people for brunch and am looking forward to that.

Karen called with some good news. While she was at the doctor’s office for a regular checkup, she read in a magazine that filming of One for the Money will begin this summer. It will star Katherine Heigl as Stephanie Plum, bail bond enforcer. Debbie Reynolds is going to play Grandma Mazur – she will be a hoot. Sherri Shepherd will be playing Lula. I sure hope all of these actors are fans of Janet Evanovich and, thus, Stephanie Plum. Maybe, they won’t butcher the movie if they are.

Well, off to bed and my good book.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment