Monday, March 7, 2011

I Am Number Four

No, not really. I am not number four, but the guy in the movie I saw today was. It was an extremely intriguing and exciting movie with lots of characters you’ll love to love and lots you’ll love to hate. I wasn’t sure if I would enjoy it, but it was a superb movie.

First Anniversary

Today marks the first anniversary of my mother’s passing. I’ve been dreading this day for at least a week. I don’t know why some days are harder than others. That’s why I kept pretty busy today. I still miss her and smile when I think of her and what she meant to me. She taught me so much over the years, was always kind, and always supported me in whatever I did. I still hear her voice in my ear sometimes, warning me about this or that. I still miss asking her opinion about things. For a person that only went to the tenth grade, she had a lot of wisdom.

It’s still hard to go to some of her favorite places without her with me, but I try to go anyway to honor her.

I can’t wait to see her again and catch up on things.

A Beautiful Day

It was absolutely gorgeous here today. Seventy-two degrees with a gently breeze and a few clouds here and there to keep the sun from becoming too hot. I especially feel sorry for my family in New York. They were deluged with snow. I wonder if it will ever stop. Johnson City, NY declared a state of emergency until 10am this morning. I can see why people are snowbirds.

Time to go to bed and read or play Scrabble.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment