Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Lincoln Lawyer and Paul

Today, I saw two movies at AMC in Brandon:

  1. The Lincoln Lawyer starring Matthew McConaughey, Marissa Tomei and William H. Macy
  2. Paul starring people I never heard of before except for Jason Bateman, Blythe Danner and Sigourney Weaver.

The Lincoln Lawyer was a superb movie. In addition to the three stars mentioned above, Trace Adkins had a minor part. It took me a while to figure out which character he played. It is well worth the trip to the theater.

Paul, on the other hand, could have been a great movie, if they had cut out the crudity, the sexual innuendo, and the anti-God and anti Creationism nonsense. It was entertaining, funny in places, but I probably wouldn’t have gone to see it if I had known what it was like.

Going to two movies took up most of my day and I am beat from the heat. It was 94 in my camper when I got back. It’s down to 92 now.

In fact, I think it’s time to take a nap. I took a pretty long nap yesterday afternoon and ended up staying awake until almost 4 this morning. I got up at 7:30.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment