Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Another Hot, Hot Day Here in Florida

Wow, I don’t think it’s ever going to cool down here. It is so warm – no hot – it’s hard to summon up the ambition to do anything. We may get some rain later in the week and we really need it.

Today, I drove down to Brandon and had lunch at Long John Silver’s. I don’t go there too often. Mom and I used to go once a week or so. She just loved there fish. However, we both did prefer Captain D’s or the fish at the Sugar Shack in Zephyrhillls.I think the only one who loved fish more than my mom was my aunt Iona. Mark and I used to take her to Arthur Treacher’s down on the “miracle mile” in Horseheads. Now that was some good fish, too.

Since the weeds are growing up around my camper like you wouldn’t believe even with it so dry, I went to Home Deport and bought a rechargeable weed-eater. There were two batteries in the box and they were offering a free battery in addition (a normal cost of $40). I’ve got it put together and am charging the first battery as we speak. Each battery takes 9 hours for the first charge. I doubt very much that weed-eating around my place will take very long, but who knows.

I should finish my last library book tonight and will go pick up some more tomorrow. I’m trying to work my way through all of the Faye Kellerman, Jonathon Kellerman and Linda Howard books right now. A new Janet Evanovich book (Smokin’ Seventeen) comes out June 21st, but I’ll get that on my Kindle.  I have to wait until November 21st for the next Sue Grafton book (V is for Vengeance). So many books, so little time.

Well, off to read.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment