Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Rain, Wonderful Rain

Today, it rained … a lot and boy, did we need it. For the last couple of days, we’ve been smelling smoke from wildfires over in neighboring Polk county and from some as far away as Orlando. Hopefully, they got some of this much need rain.

A quiet day here. I’m reading Street Dreams by Faye Kellerman.  I think I like her books just a bit more than her husband Jonathon’s, but not enough to make a difference. I also got a book from the library by their son Jonathon, but haven’t read it yet.

I saw in the TV Guide that came today that Jeff Conaway of Taxi fame passed away on 5/27. How sad. I guess his life was one big struggle with addiction. So handsome and I’m sure he had a lot of money, but what good does that do anyone?

I guess Sarah Palin is driving the “lame-stream” media crazy with her tour of the USA. The very idea! She won’t give them her itinerary – as if she cares if they follow her.Wouldn’t it be fun to follow her around to all of these places, but I’d want to spend more time in them than what she has – you can’t appreciate Gettysburg in one day and that’s the truth. We all should try to visit our national treasures as often as we can so that we can keep alive the spirit of our founders and appreciate what has been sacrificed for us.

Sorry, no more preaching.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment