Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Green Lantern

This morning, my friend Karen and I went to see The Green Lantern with Ryan Reynolds. It was a terrific, action-filled movie with car chases, airplane chases, spooky and horrific villains, and a great statement about Fear vs Courage. Our hero (the Green Lantern) learned that it is not important or desirable to be fearless, but to have courage (a will to overcome our fear).

If I had known that Tim Robbins was going to be in the movie, I might not have gone, but he got killed during the film so that was okay. There was a cameo appearance by Jon Tenny (Brenda’s husband Fritz on The Closer) and Angela Basset was in a few scenes.

After the movie, we went to Smoky Bones for lunch. They were offering a free appetizer with an entree if you had a movie ticket. We didn’t even finish the appetizers. I had a couple of bites of my dinner and brought the rest home. I expect to get several meals out of the left-overs.

The big adventure of the day was parking in the Barnes & Noble parking lot, which is across from Smoky Bones. Their signs indicated they towed cars that weren’t there for B & N customers. I was pleased to see my truck there when we came out of the restaurant. I don’t shop at B & N too much anymore since I mostly read library books. What books I buy, I buy for my Kindle.

This afternoon, I took about an hour nap and am now finishing the book Dark Summer by Iris Johansen.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment