Friday, June 17, 2011

Mr. Popper’s Penguins

What a great movie! I loved it. It stars Jim Carrey, Carla Cugino and Angela Lansbury (I was going to say Jessica Fletcher, but caught myself just in time). The penguins stole the show, as you can imagine. Though there were only six (well, for the most part), it was kind of like the seven dwarfs – they all had appropriate names: Captain, Bitey, Stinky, Loudy, Nimrod, and ???.

It’s a far out movie, not at all believable, but so fun. I can’t imagine anyone not enjoying it. The audience really did.

After I got home from the movie, I took a nap and have been reading True Detectives by Jonathon Kellerman. Tonight, I should make it through most of The Murder Book by the same author.

I talked to my sister-in-law Esther today. She’s doing well, was in Johnson City with my brother-in-law Don and sister-in-law Rose.

We’ve been getting a lot of thunder for the past couple of hours, but so far no rain. Hopefully, it will rain. We really need it.

Can you believe the pervert Anthony Weiner may still be able to collect 1.28 million dollars from his Congressional pension. With the state our economy is in, if our representatives had an ounce of integrity, the ability to collect a pension after only one term (that’s only 2 years for someone in the House of Representatives0 would be one of the first things they would cut. Let them pay for their own pension plan like the common folks.

Well, it’s getting late (7:19 pm) and is time to go to bed (and read).

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment