Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A Sad Day

This morning, I decided to go to Bass Pro Shop in Orlando. They had some great sales on shorts and shirts. We used to get BPS shirts for $3, but not they are $7. It’s still not too bad, but I only bought two of the $7 ones.  I bought a couple of other somewhat more expensive shirts and five pair of shorts.

One of the reasons I liked to go to the Orlando Bass Pro Shop was that there was a British pub near there called the Cricketeer’s Arms. They had the best fish and chips and the help there was so kind to my mother when we would take her there. So sad: they were closed up and there were tax lien signs all over the place.

I stopped at Denny’s on my way home and had their fish and fries. It was good and satisfying, but not the same. I guess I’ll have to go to St. Pete to the British Pub near where my cousin Richard used to live. They have great fish and chips.

Last night, I started the last unread library book I had: Shadow Zone by Iris and Roy Johansen. I discovered after I got into it that it was the third in a series. Today, I dropped off the books I had read and got the two that precede Shadow Zone. I’ll read the two that precede it then finish it. They also finally got in a book I’ve been waiting to read called 1861. My sister-in-law Rose recommended it.

It’s supposed to go up to 100 today. I don’t know if it’s there yet, but it must be close. Still, I’m comfortable inside.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment