Sunday, June 26, 2011

Cars 2

Today, Karen and I went to AMC and saw Cars 2. It was delightful, at least as good as the first one. It’s always fun to guess who is voicing the animated characters. In this, there is a star-studded cast of characters including Owen Wilson, Larry the Cable Guy, Bonnie Hunt, Tony Shaloub, John Turturro (who played Monk’s brother in the tv show Monk), Vanessa Redgrave, Michael Caine, and on and on.

Needless to say, there were a lot of car chases since the movie centered around a World Grand Prix. There were scenes that made me laugh right out loud and some that made me very sad. I can’t imagine anyone not enjoying this movie.

After the movie, we went to Plant City and ate at Mi Casa Mexican Restaurant. I had the Chimichanga plate and Karen had the Burrito plate.

I finally finished 1861 last night and then read another book by Iris Johansen. Today, I read another Iris Johansen book and am working on a third.

It’s been raining off and on today, at times quite hard.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment