Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Art of Getting By

This morning, I went to Liborio’s and had a bacon, egg, and Swiss cheese Cuban. Yum Yum!

After that I went to AMC to see The Art of Getting By. It was an intriguing movie about a young man who couldn’t make much sense of his life. There were three actors I knew; the rest I didn’t. Those I knew were Emma Roberts (Julia Roberts’ niece), Rita Wilson (Tom Hanks’ wife) and Blair Underwood. Freddie Highmore played the young man. He was Charlie in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, which I never saw.

The movie was sort of good, full of angst and dramatic silence and even more dramatic pauses, but I was entertained.

I gave you some misinformation yesterday. Roy Johansen is Iris Johansen’s son, not her husband. I’ve really enjoyed the books by the three of them, though the series I spoke of yesterday is only two books. I don’t know why they wrote one on a completely different subject in the middle of the other two. But, what do I know?

Back to Storm Cycle, the one not in the series.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment