Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Lunch with Esther (Who Is Finally Home)

An email I received today quoted Shark Tank’s Javier Manjarres on Twitter:

“If Bachmann is a flake, does that make Biden a snowstorm?”

Last night, Esther took the auto-train from near Washingon, DC to Deland, FL. We met at Applebee’s where we had a nice, leisurely lunch and caught up on things.

This afternoon, I finished my last library book and took my 7 books back to the library. I took out 8 more. Since I have read all of the Faye and Jonathon Kellerman books and all of the Iris Johansen books that were on shelves, I had to start near the “A’s” and pick out ones that look interesting. We’ll see how well I did. I mostly selected those with a skull and crossbones on them (this indicates murder mysteries.

When I took the garbage to the dumpster today, some birds caught my eye. They were in the pond next to the strawberry fields behind the park. Guess what they were! Roseate Spoonbills! These are native to Florida and I have seen them on rare occasions, but never since I moved to Thonotosassa. I remember Mark coming home and making me go with him to see some he had spotted in a little pond on Providence. I don’t think the pond even exists any longer.

I took some pictures with my iPhone, but they didn’t show much more than a pink spot. My telephoto lens on my Nikon didn’t do much better.

Time to tackle my new books.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment