Sunday, June 5, 2011

Sing Live Tampa Bay

What a lovely night I spent last night. First, I had the privilege of going to hear Sing Live at the First Baptist Church in Tampa and then shared a wonderful meal with the family at Village Inn. Esther was there, my nephew Steve, my niece Jane, her husband David and their sons James and Bradley.

The music was really good. They sang show tunes from Starlight Express, Aladdin, Grease, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Lion King, Civil War, Blood Brothers, Cats, Phantom of the Opera, Miss Saigon, Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, Little Shop of Horrors, Rocky Horror Picture Show, and Les Miserables.

I particularly enjoyed Esther’s friend Dawn Waggoner singing as Ursula from The Little Mermaid. I thought I was taping her and found out, when her song was almost over, that I hadn’t turned on the camera.

Time Warp from Rocky Horror Picture Show was my next favorite part of the program.

The best part of this group is that anyone can join. You don’t even have to audition, but it does require dedication. You have to show up for practices. This year they’ll be going overseas once again. Last year, the group sang in the Vatican, at St. Mark’s in Venice and some other places in Europe. They also sing at Epcot Center.

See www.singliveUSA.com for more info.

Can you believe I slept until almost 9 am today. I think I only got up once in the night. I must have been exhausted.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment