Thursday, July 14, 2011

Monte Carlo

This morning, I went to AMC and saw the movie Monte Carlo starring Selena Gomez and a number of others I did not know. Andie McDowell, whom I did recognize, made a cameo appearance. It was a movie based on look-a-likes, someone impersonating someone else. I enjoyed it.

It was raining when I got home so I spent the next few hours drying out while I napped and read – a pretty typical afternoon (well, not the drying out part).

Tomorrow, it’s the latest and last Harry Potter film. Sad in a way, but I don’t mind re-reading and re-watching. It’s amazing how different the kids look from the first movie to the last. The world has watched them all grow up.

Is Obama bluffing? He warned Eric Cantor not to call his bluff so it would seem he is. I hope the Republicans don’t cave on this debt ceiling issue. If they do, they will probably not get re-elected.

I expect my cousin Richard home tomorrow or Saturday. This morning, I made his bed (he washed his sheets just before he left) – I didn’t want him to have to do it after a long day of traveling. I also ran the vacuum. Tomorrow morning, I will try to do a little dusting. After all, who wants to come home from vacation to a bunch of boring household chores? It will be good to have him home again.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment