Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Zookeeper for 7/11/2011

Today, since I finally felt well enough to be out and about for a while, I decided to go to AMC and see Zookeeper with Kevin James.

Now, Kevin James has never been one of my favorite actors, but there are some roles that just seem to fit him perfectly. Other actors were Rosario Dawson, Leslie Bibb, Ken Jeong (what a weird little character he played), and Joe Rogan. In this movie the animals talked and the voicing of these animals was superb.  The star-studded cast of voiceovers included:

Nick Nolte as Bernie the Gorilla

Adam Sandler as Donald the Monkey (incidentally, the movie was co-produced by Sandler)

Sylvester Stallone as Joe the Lion

Cher as Janet the Lioness

Don Rickles as Frog

I enjoyed the movie a lot, especially its underlying theme of “be yourself.”

After the movie, I went home, had lunch and (yes, you guessed it) read. In this case, the book was Access Denied by Donna Andrews. I finished it in between moments of napping. My next book will be one by Faye Kellerman – it’s actually a collection of short stores.

Tonight, I plan to visit my cousin’s house and watch the Season Premieres of The Closer and Rizzoli and Isles, i.e. if I can stay awake long enough.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment