Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A Summer Day in Tampa Bay

Today was what I would have to call a typical summer day in Tampa Bay. No rain here this morning and not too hot (yeah, right – it’s 95), but I expect we’ll get a little rain soon and then it will cool down for this evening.

Didn’t really do much today except wait at my cousin Richard’s for the mail – I was expecting a letter from an attorney that will finally bring to conclusion a legal matter that has been percolating for 18-19 months.. When the letter came (at 2 pm when it’s usually around 9:30 am), I had to take it to Seffner to have it notarized, then take it to the post office and send it (guaranteed next day by 3 pm) back to the lawyer. It’s all done except getting the check.

I’ve been reading the last of my Peter Abrahams books (The Tutor). I like it best of the three of his I’ve read and may pick up some more tomorrow when I go back to the library.

I was kind of surprised by the verdict in the Casey Anthony trial. I was sure they would find her guilty of everything just because of the heinousness of the crime, but they didn’t. I don’t know how I feel about it. I think she did it and she certainly acted terribly after the deed was done, but they didn’t really have direct forensic evidence proving their case. What a mess, but that’s what happens when people live according to what they think is right, each doing what is right in their own eyes instead of what God clearly lays out in His Word and in the hearts and minds of people. I know God must be saddened by what He sees and by what was done, but we can all rejoice and take some comfort in the tact that He welcomed little Caylee Anthony into His loving arms. All her pain and heartaches are gone. Let’s all pray for that family; maybe this whole thing will wake them up.

Well, I guess I’ll get back to my book.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment