Sunday, August 7, 2011

2007 Forest River Salem – aka My New Camper

The following are pictures of the camper I bought today:

New Camper 1

 

New Camper 2

 

New Camper 3

 

New Camper 4

 

New Camper 5

 

New Camper 6

It is not brand new, but has been treated very gently.

Although officially 26 feet long (one foot longer than the camper I have now), it’s really more like 29 feet long. And did you notice that it has not one, but two chairs and a sofa. The sofa makes into a bed.

There is some actual counter space in the kitchen. I hgave absolutely none in my current home.

There are two satellite TV hook-ups; I just have to get the satellite dish.

It has a combination electric/gas hot water heater and an auto-ignition stove, as well as a microwave oven.

Did you notice the huge window behind the chairs.

It also has an island (only one edge is against the wall) queen-sized bed, but there’s no picture of it here.

I pick it up on Thursday, will bring it back to Windward Knoll, transfer my stuff into it, then take the old camper to my niece’s the next day. It’s awfully hot to be doing this stuff, but it will be worth it.

Cowboys vs Aliens

Today, Karen and I went to see Cowboys vs Aliens starring Daniel Craig and Harrison Ford. It was an exciting move with icky aliens that reminded me somewhat of the aliens in Alien (with Sigourney Weaver). If you get a chance, go see it. I can’t imagine how you could be disappointed.

Until next time…

2 comments:

  1. I like your new travel trailer, it sure looks nice. We had one several years ago, it was 26' and had a nice amount of storage and more room than longer units. We found that is a nice length to tow! Hope you enjoy yours! Take Care, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Linda. Didn't see your comment until today. I'm sure looking forward to the extra room. Hope Richard is doing well and that he sees progress each day.

    ReplyDelete