Saturday, August 20, 2011

Another Rainy Saturday

This morning, early, I went to Wal*Mart where I got an over the door towel rack. For some reason, there is no place in the bathroom to hang even one bath towel. Now, I can hang at least six. but really only need a place for two.

I was going to clean out my truck, but it’s been storming here off and on since late morning.

I made a small pot of bean soup, varying my recipe by adding a can of diced tomatoes. This gives the soup a richness it normally doesn’t have. I also diced up a potato and half a Valdalia onion, then added some bacon. The soup was quite yummy.

Richard and I were supposed to go to Quaker Steak and Lube, but Vivienne was sick. We hope to get together either Monday or Tuesday. Irene, Viv’s mom and my mother’s best friend growing up, flies back to New York Wednesday so our opportunities are somewhat limited.

I ran the vacuum cleaner in the camper. It does a great job. I can’t believe the dirt it picked up.

I reading the book Hush Puppy by Laurien Berenson. It’s the second book of hers I’ve read. I have two more of hers to go and then a couple of Lisa Scottoline books before going back to the library.

I’m sitting in my rocking chair as I type. I can’t believe how much more comfortable it is to have a chair and a bunch of space. I’m getting kind of tired so I don’t know how much longer I’ll be staying up reading.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment