Thursday, August 18, 2011

Duh!

Yesterday, I went to Camping World to get a new shower attachment. This morning, I installed it and took a cold shower. The first blast of cold water was somewhat extreme, but after a few seconds, I got used to it and it was quite refreshing. My intention was to turn on the propane and figure out the water heater after I got showered and dressed. I watched my video I took when Bob at Dusty’s Camper World showed me how it all works.

Much to my chagrin, I discovered that Bob had left the propane tanks on and the water heater had been working on propane ever since I left Bartow. I switched the electric part on so it will be used to heat the water unless the power goes off. If I had just turned on the hot water, I would have not had to take the cold shower. Duh!

I used my gas stove tonight to cook a cubed steak, mushrooms, and some fried potatoes and onions. Of course, I set off the smoke detector.Duh!

Two of the burners only have a setting of Hi-Lite. In other words, only one of the three burners is adjustable. But, the cooking goes a lot faster than with my electric hot plate.

Tomorrow, I plan to hook up the sewer hose and on Saturday, I plan to put out my awning. I’ve been considering getting some kind of curtain for my front and back doors. The sun coming through is very bright, but the awning may well take care of it.

Well, tonight I’ll be watching Burn Notice and, maybe, Suits. I don’t know if I’ll be able to stay up so late or not.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment