Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Full Black

Full Black by Brad Thor

Yesterday, I read Brad Thor’s new novel. He is a terrific writer, but I wanted to strangle him for the cliffhanger with which he ended the book. Scott Harvath, Thor’s recurring hero, appears in Full Black as do a few of Thor’s other characters. It’s a fast-paced book that is hard to put down. It’s contemporary and offers a lot of insight into world events. There was one scene in the book that made me re-consider going into my 20-screen AMC Regency Theater, but I don’t believe in living in fear, just in being prepared.

Chevy Volt – Not a Huge Seller

Jonathon V. Last of The Weekly Standard reported that GM only sold 125 Chevy Volts last month and only 2700 in total since production began. GM (Government Motors) is certainly performing just as I expected they would.

A Good Reason NOT To Diet

According to Nick Collins, science reporter for The Telegraph (as reported on drudgereport.com), Dieting forces the brain to eat itself. All these years of not dieting, I’ve apparently just been protecting my brain.

My cousin Richard spent most of the day sleeping, which is probably the best thing he could be doing.

Well, off to bed to re-read Vince Flynn’s Act of Treason. I realized after a few pages that I had read it before, but it’s such a good book, I’m reading it again.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment