Sunday, August 28, 2011

Rain, Rain – Lots of Rain

Woke up this morning and it was raining. It rained most of the morning, which cooled things off a bit.

I was perusing the current issue of Food Network magazine and discovered a recipe for Greek Dinner Salad. I love good Greek salads so I hustled down to Publix and picked up the ingredients to make it: romaine lettuce hearts, fresh oregano, fresh dill, fresh mint, fresh parsley, Feta cheese, cherry (I got grape) tomatoes, cucumbers, red omion, and some kalamata olives (in case I didn’t have enough).

The salad took about 3/4 of an hour to make and made a lot. I called my friend Karen and she agreed to try some. I thought it turned out great and so did Karen. I didn’t even ask my cousin Richard because he’s not a fan of Greek salad – mainly because of the kalamata olives and the Feta cheese.

Tomorrow, really early, I’m going to do the laundry. I expect it will take a while since almost everything I wear is ready for a good wash. On my way home, I’ll stop at the library to return three books and pick up a few more.

How sad to see the damage done by Hurricane Irene. I’m glad it skipped Florida though I know that sounds a little selfish.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment