Monday, August 29, 2011

New Antiseptic

This morning, I woke up at 5:35, or at least what I thought was 5:35 when I looked at the clock on my microwave. The old eyes just don’t work like they used to; it was really 6:35, but that was still early enough. I went to Seffner and did my laundry. which took a couple of hours.

I thought I’d stop at the library on the way home, but it was too early. When I got home, I dumped my tanks and then went to see my cousin for a little while.

The pictures of the flooding and damage done by Hurricane Irene are incredible. It brought back memories of Hurricane Agnes and the flooding caused by her. I remember shoveling mud from my mom’s house, all of the ruined furniture and pictures, the awful smell of flood mud, slogging through the mud that was everywhere.

News coverage these days seems to more comprehensive than then. It almost seems like there’s a news person on every corner and where the news people aren’t present, there’s a citizen with an iPhone taking pictures of all the important events. For example, it was so sad to see that covered bridge in Vermont being swept away.

It's not only the English who have a sense of humor.

The Scots do as well!

New Antiseptic

This cartoon originated in Scotland ...

It looks like most of the world is laughing at our nation's leadership!

clip_image001

How sad that the world is laughing at the US while we sit by and watch and wonder what will happen next!

               President Obama’s approval ratings are so low now, Kenyans are accusing him of being born in the United States .

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment