Friday, August 19, 2011

A Busy Day

Today, I went to Camping World twice. The first time was to get a new sewer hose. I also got a clear adapter to hook directly to the camper so I could tell better when the tanks had finished emptying. In order to get to the sewer outlet, I had to move my slider in. I’d been wanting to do that anyway to check that I hadn’t overloaded it. Evidently, I hadn’t since it moved great. Everything worked great and the tanks are empty.

I then discovered that my water hose was leaking so I had to go back to Camping World to get a new water hose. The park has been having some problems with the water connection and I think the water pressure has increased. Inv view of that, I also bought a water pressure regulator to hook to the water faucet I hook the water hose to. That’s working well too.

I had a nice hot shower and washed my hair after all of my hard work outside then took a short nap. My niece Jane and her husband David invited my sister-in-law Esther and me (and my cousin, but he didn’t go) over to Fort Desoto Park where they are camping for the weekend. The cookout was wonderful: steak, chicken kabobs, cheesy potato casserole, mac and cheese with bacon and spinach, potato salad, grilled shrimp and shrimp pasta salad (which I didn’t eat), and a delicious banana cake with cream cheese frosting (which I did eat). It must have been 20 degrees cooler over there and if we got too hot, we could go into the air-conditioned camper. David has already replaced the floor in the bathroom. It looks great. We weren’t the only ones at the feast, though, the mosquitoes showed up too.

I didn’t get home until nearly 9 pm and am nearly ready for bed.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment