Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A Big Load

This morning, I woke at 3 am, checked my email, read the news and went back to bed and slept until 8 am. I then went to my storage facility where I gathered together a big load of stuff: two hampers 3 boxes, my ice maker, a big bag of clothing, 3 ammo containers full of shells, my sauna, and 3 bags of electrical/computer cables, wires, PDAs, etc. On the way home, I stopped at Publix and got some groceries.

I did unload most of stuff in the front seat of my truck, but the bulk of it is in the back seat and in the back still. Tomorrow morning, when it’s not so hot and not raining, I’ll unload the rest.

Wasn’t the earthquake that hit Virginia amazing? I guess people in NYC felt it. Kind of scary, it being the strongest quake ever recorded east of the Mississippi.

It looks as if Florida may have dodged another hurricane bullet. Irene, which is churning sort of North/North West is now supposed to miss Florida and Georgia altogether. I’m glad because I would have had to hook up my camper and get out of town.

We’re getting a pretty good rainstorm right now – the power went out for a second or two, enough so I have to reset the time on my microwave.

Well, I just have a couple of pages in Once Bitten by Lauren Berenson and then have one more book to read by her: Raining Cats and Dogs (how appropriate considering the weather right now).

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment