Sunday, October 3, 2010

Another Quiet Sunday

After a night of tossing and turning because of aches in places I didn’t know I even had, I got up about 6 am and started moving around a little. It helped a lot. I must have really overdone the moving and lifting yesterday. And then I took a really hot shower and pretty much felt a lot better.

Most of my day was spent archiving cassette tapes. It’s a pretty easy job to do – just very tedious.

I told you I thought the audio tapes were reproducing, didn’t I? Well, I found 2 more shoeboxes full of tapes. Who knows how many more I will find – those little devils!

I took five or six boxes of books for my friend Linda over to Karen’s. I still have a bunch more to take out of the big boxes and put in smaller ones.  Those big boxes are just too heavy. Hopefully, I’ll get that done tomorrow.

I put together a couple of those Scrubbing Bubbles automatic shower cleaners and hung them in my two showers. My cousin Ethelyn has one and she says they work great. Anything that will keep me from spending a lot of time cleaning the bathroom is a worthy endeavor.

Today, I signed up for the Writers Weekly Winter 24-hour writing contest. I haven’t done that in a few years. It takes place on 1/22/2011. By then, I hope to be living in my travel trailer and should not find it hard to find the  peace and quiet necessary for me to write.

Writers Weekly posts a topic and the maximum number of words and you have just 24 hours to do it. I’ve entered the contest a few times before and once won an honorable mention, but I would sure love to win it.

Tomorrow, I plan to pack up my writing books. My friend and writing teacher Debra Marrs has agreed to try to find good homes for them. I need to get them packed up in case she wants them right away.

I also plan to start installing the new window box I got for my kitchen window. Hopefully, it won’t be too hard to hang up there. Talk about procrastination, I’ve been putting this off for six months or more.

Tonight, I had a great walk. For some reason I was so energetic, I walked the same distance in 25 minutes that usually takes me 35. I don’t know why – maybe it was the Gold City music or maybe I just wanted to get done faster so I could come back and post my blog.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment