Sunday, October 24, 2010

A Quiet Early-Starting Sunday

This morning, at 2:30, I woke and had to get up. Running warm water over my aching right knee and leg helped a lot to ease the pain, but by the time it stopped, I was wide awake.

I packed up two boxes of stuff for Goodwill, coped a number of tapes to DVD and a number of cassettes to iTunes.

I spent an hour on the phone with my cousin Ethelyn, who told me of an exiting adventure she had with a head of cabbage. Her driveway is on a hill and when she was getting the cabbage out of the car, she dropped it. It rolled and she chased it down the driveway, laughing and giggling all of the way.

She also shared with me how much she and her husband and friends enjoyed the movie RED. She thought it was the best movie she’d seen all year.

I also had an hour-long conversation with my brother-in-law Don and sister-in-law Rose. They have just added a fireplace insert to their huge fireplace. I guess propane is now prohibitively expensive in New York. This insert increases efficiency enormously and makes the wood last a lot longer. I told them I’d love to experience the heat from it, but didn’t expect to ever be in New York in the winter. They graciously agreed to consider having a fire when I visit in the summer some time.

Rose sent me a picture on my cell phone so I sent it to my email address so I can show you what it looks like. Pretty neat, huh?

Don and Rose Fireplace Insert

Don told me a great joke, but unfortunately I only remember the punch line so I won’t try to share it with you. I will share a joke I know my nephew Steve will enjoy: Would you call a fly with no wings a walk?

I seem to be going to bed earlier and earlier – probably in preparation for my life on the road. I plan to go to bed when it’s dark and get up when it’s daylight. We’ll see about that.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment