Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy and an Important Message re: The Troops

I spent the day today organizing stuff, packing, and archiving tapes. I’ve made the most progress on the tapes – I’m more than halfway through the case of 100. Of course, I’m skipping quite a few.

I’ve been trying different methods for archiving a Ray Stevens tape called I Have Returned. It’s one of my favorites, but has been played so much, I could hardly get it to play. I actually tried to purchase the album from iTunes, but it’s no longer available there or from RayStevens.com. I did manage to retrieve a couple of the songs I like the most.

I had a great walk tonight just before dark. With the help of some Off, I was able to walk without getting eaten alive. The temperatures here have been wonderful. It’s 73 out right now.

Other than my walk and getting the mail, I stayed home and worked really hard. Never even took a nap and I’m retired. Oh well, eventually, I’ll get this retirement down pat.

My sister-in-law sent me the following in an e-mail. Please pray for our soldiers, sailors, air force and marines.

Your cell phone is in your pocket.

  He clutches the cross hanging on his chain next to his dog tags. 
  He knows he may not see some of his buddies again. 
clip_image001
You walk down the beach, staring

at all the pretty girls. 
He patrols the streets, searching

for insurgents and terrorists. 
He's told he will be held over an

extra 2 months. 
clip_image002
You call your girlfriend and set a

date for tonight. 
He waits for the mail to see if there

is a letter from home. 
clip_image003
You hug and kiss your girlfriend,

like you do everyday.
He holds his letter close and smells

his love's perfume. 
clip_image004
You roll your eyes as a baby cries. 
He gets a letter with pictures of his

new child, and wonders if they'll ever meet. 
clip_image005
You criticize your government, and

say that war never solves anything. 
He sees the innocent tortured and

killed by their own people and

remembers why he is fighting. 
clip_image006
You hear the jokes about the war, and make fun of men like him. 
He hears the gunfire, bombs and

screams of the wounded. 
clip_image007
You see only what the media wants

you to see. 
He sees the broken bodies lying

around him. 
clip_image008
You are asked to do some thing by

your parents. You don't. 
He does exactly what he is told even

if it puts his life in danger. 
clip_image009
You stay at home and watch TV. 
He takes whatever time he is given

to call, write home, sleep, and eat. 
clip_image010
You crawl into your soft bed, with

down pillows, and get comfortable. 
He tries to sleep but gets woken by mortars and helicopters all night long. 
clip_image011
If you support your troops, send this

to 13 people. 
clip_image012
REMEMBER our Troops, and do not

forget them LATER 
Lest we forget - 
KEEP THE CHAIN GOING 

clip_image014
clip_image015
clip_image016clip_image013
clip_image017
clip_image018
clip_image019
clip_image020

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment