Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Waiting for Superman

If you get a chance, go see Waiting for Superman. This documentary exposes the harm teachers’ unions and teacher tenure have done to our education system and our children. For a long time, educators thought that children from poor neighborhoods could never do as well as those better off financially, but some educators proved that is not the case.

Are you as tired of political ads as I am. After one week from today, we won’t have to put up with them any longer.

I did a lot more packing today and only have 3 VHS tapes to copy to DVD. My next project will be scanning several pictures I found that I had not yet scanned. I also have a lot of negatives I need to scan; my scanner software will turn them into pictures. In the meantime, I’ll keep packing and taking stuff to Goodwill.

One of the movies I copied today was a special about FL parks that Mark had taped from one of our PBS stations. I’m hoping it will help me choose where to visit this winter.

Well, back to NCIS-LA.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment