Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Secretariat and Joan’s Birthday Party

Today, Joan and I went to AMC to see the movie, Secretariat. I must admit I had reservations about whether the movie would be very interesting considering the fact that everyone knows that the horse Secretariat was the last winner of the Triple Crown, i.e. this horse won the Kentucky Derby, the Preakness and the Belmont Stake all within a period of 5 weeks.

In some ways, the movie reminded me of Blind Spot, mainly because it was about family and courage and beating the odds. And, in spite of knowing how the movie ends, the story behind the story was incredibly well done. There were some real characters, folks you’ll remember for a long time. And no doubt, you’ll want to stand and cheer as Big Red (Secretariat) gallops down towards the finish line. See it if you can.

This evening, I joined my friends Joyce and Tammy as we celebrated my friend Joan’s 39th birthday (tomorrow, she’ll be 38 again). We met at Carrabba’s and had great food and great fun.

  Carrabbas - Joan LaClair Birthday_0011-1mod

From the above picture (from left to right, it’s Joyce, Joan, and Tammy), it looks as if they were in a dentist’s waiting room, but I guess they just forgot to smile. Nevertheless, we did have a good time. Of course, the picture was taken at the end of the meal and we were all full and enjoying our cupcakes.

Tammy brought these delicious cupcakes and I never thought to take a picture before we took some off the board. The cupcakes were in the form of a question mark. You can sort of see where the four we ate were.

Carrabbas - Joan LaClair Birthday_0010-1mod

In view of that, I “fixed” the picture using Photoshop so you could really see what they looked like before we helped ourselves.

Carrabbas - Joan LaClair Birthday_0009-1mod

Isn’t technology a wonderful thing? Would you have been able to tell there was something not quite real about the “fixed” picture if I hadn’t told you? Imagine if I had spent more than two minutes on it!

Needless to say, I never had much time to do more than archive a few tapes today. Hopefully, it’ll get more done tomorrow.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment