Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Wall Street and Guns & Patriots Magazine

This morning, it was 58 degrees when I got up at 5:30a.m.. How refreshing!

Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps

I met my friend Joan LaClair at AMC where we saw the new Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps movie starring Michael Douglas, Shia LeBeouf, Josh Brolin, Carey Mulligan and Frank Langella. It’s highly unusual for me to see an Oliver Stone movie, especially one with Susan Sarandon, whose politics I cannot stand. Sarandon was only in the movie for a few minutes, maybe just a little longer than the cameo appearance by Charlie Sheen. In any case, it was a very good movie even if it was 2 hours and 7 minutes long. (Sorry to admit it, but I think I slepft for a few minutes during the slower part. I guess I need chase senes and action to stay awake.)

What Would You Do? <--VERY IMPORTANT!

Have you ever wondered what you would do if you were out in public and someone started shooting. Today’s Guns & Patriots On-Line Magazine included an article called “Active Shooter Training for Citizens,” which you can read at: http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=39232

You don’t have to carry a gun to find this article helpful.

Not only does the author of the article discuss what to do if you are in that situation, but it also offers some good suggestions for a Family Emergency Plan and Situational Awareness. This article outlines a very practical approach. Please take the time to read this. I hope it doesn’t, but it may come in handy some day.

An Almost Empty Living Room

To look at it now, you probably wouldn’t call my living room anything like “empty,” but to me it is. That’s because, over the course of the last two days, I’ve removed 20 boxes of books. I can actually walk through the room without going around those many boxes.

Unlimited Minutes and Text

Today, I had to upgrade my phone plan to one with unlimited minutes and text. I thought 450 minutes would be plenty, but apparently, I am much more talkative than I realized. This might be because most of my contact with others is over the phone. Now, I don’t have to worry about going over my minutes. I’m still spending a lot less than when I also had my home phone and Internet.

So… call me any time. Don’t worry about my minutes. I don’t have to any longer.

Well, I guess I’ve bored you all enough for now.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment