Monday, October 11, 2010

Window Box

Today, I finished installing the window box under my kitchen window. The pictures show the single bracket I installed Saturday and the completed window box. I also put some putty in the holes that were left from he previous brackets.

New Window Box_0001

Below is the completed window box. It’s a bit shorter than the previous one, but sure looks a lot better. You’ll not I haven’t filled it with dir and flowers yet. I’ll let my cousin take care of that.

New Window Box_0004

In the picture below, you can see the fill tube and the grate where the soil goes. 

 New Window Box_0005

Aside from a great 30-minute walk with no pain, the only other things I did were 1) pack a box for Goodwill, 2) process a bunch of cassette tapes. When I complete the next tape, I’ll have finished 15 (yes, FIFTEEN) of the 100 tapes in the case. While archiving the tapes, I finished the Ted Bell book Warlord. I was so glad to get to the end and find a reference to a possible story twist that I was expecting from Tsar. I can’t wait for the next Alex Hawke book to find out what happens.

The box I packed from Goodwill mostly came from a box of books I had in my bedroom. In the course of emptying that box, I found about 15 print books I need to read – I’ll do that before reading any more books on my Kindle. At least, that is my intention.

Tomorrow, I’m meeting my friend Joan at AMC where we’ll see Secretariat. Then, since tomorrow is Joan’s birthday, I’ll meet her and a bunch of friends at Carrabba’s (my most favorite place to eat) in Brandon for dinner.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment