Friday, October 29, 2010

Walking Shoes

This morning, I experienced a new thing: acupuncture I could watch. Dr. Tom put 7 or 8 needles in my knee while I watched. The previous times I’ve had acupuncture it was done on my back or hip and I couldn’t see the needles. Not today! Surprisingly, it didn’t bother me to watch him put the needles in or take them out. Cool, huh?

After my appointment, I went to breakfast and then to a store called Fit Niche to get some walking shoes. Since I left the chiropractor about 8 am, I decided to use up some time before the shoe store opened having breakfast – a Greek Fetish omelet (3 eggs packed with spinach and tomatoes covered by crumbled Feta cheese and black olives. Yum Yum)

As it was, I still had to wait for about an hour for the store to open. The doctor recommended this store so I could get some decent walking shoes. If the time and effort it took to fit my feet mean anything, I should practically be able to float. Thirty-five minutes later, I had a spiffy new set of shoes. First, I had to stand on some kind of machine that measured hot spots on the bottom of my feet. Then, I put on a pair of generic shoes and walked on a treadmill while the clerk took a picture of me walking.

He said I did well walking – in a straight line, heel to toe, no problems with the way I walk.

After this, he brought on 5 pairs of shoes and I tried them all on. Any would have been fine, but I got a new pair of white leather New Balance shoes, which I’ll try out on a longer walk tomorrow morning.

I have almost completed the first book in the Left Behind series – only about 60 pages to go. I’ll finish tonight, I’m sure. One down and eleven more to go.

In fact, I’d better get to it.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment