Saturday, October 9, 2010

Window Box Status

A few days ago I mentioned I had a new window box to install outside my kitchen window. The wooden one that was there before had fallen apart some time ago and had to be removed. I bought a new plastic window box that is very much like the earth boxes I used to grow plants. It has a reservoir at the bottom, a grate on which you put the potting soil and holes in the side to keep the plants from being overwatered.

Today, I started hanging the new window box. First, I had to go to Ace Hardware to get four screws and four washers so I could fasten it to the house. After that, I started using my re-chargeable drill and one of the batteries was almost dead. Fortunately, the other was okay. I mounted one of the brackets, but decided to wait until tomorrow or Monday to hang the other. Holding things above shoulder level is somewhat difficult and tiring. And, don’t forget, I am retued and can take my sweet old time.

Sales Tax Report

Today, I prepared my LAST sales tax report and a notification of closing my business. I closed my eBay Store effective 9/30/2010, and won’t need to file any more sales tax reports. What a relief!

A Daunting Task

Today, I also completed archiving the once rapidly multiplying boxes of loose cassette tapes and am ready to do the ones in my cassette tape rack. Doesn’t it look like a daunting task? When you consider the fact that each one holds at least an hour of music, it seems even more daunting. But, have no fear. I’ll get it done.

Cassette Tape Rack_0010-1mod

While I may not archive all of them (that would 100 times 1 hour each or 100 hours of work), I will probably do most of them.

Some More Great Soup

Today, I made some more great bean soup. I started soaking the beans last night then poured off the water and added two cans of chicken stock. I chopped celery, onions, carrots, cabbage, mushrooms, green peppers, red peppers, yellow peppers, and Wickles Pepper Strips to add to it, as well as a heaping teaspoon of cinnamon, cumin, garlic and herb seasoning, paprika and 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper. One can of stewed tomatoes and one can of diced tomatoes with some salt and fresh cracked black pepper were the final ingredients.

What can I say, it is delicious and makes a hearty, filling, nutritious lunch.

I’ve managed to catch a little time to read today also. I’m 46% of the way through Warlord: An Alex Hawke Novel. In fact, since it’s 10:30 p.m., I think I’ll go to bed early and try to get to at least 50%.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment