Saturday, October 2, 2010

Re-Packing My Pick-Up

I almost posted my blog at 1:30 this afternoon, thinking I was too worn out to do anything else, let alone something interesting enough to write about. 

I’ve been putting off re-packing my pick-up since I got back from my summer vacation. It’s a grueling job at any time, but especially when it’s broiling hot outside. Today, when I got up it was 67 and the humidity seemed almost non-existent. I decided to stop procrastinating and just do it (sorry, Nike).

As I’ve mentioned several times, I’ve had a huge storage box pretending to be a coffee table in my living room. Before I went to New York, I had to remove it from my pickup to make room for the earth boxes I took to my brother. My living room is getting more and more cluttered as I pack up my stuff – re-packing my pick-up allowed me to put the big storage box back in the truck.

I think everything in the back of the pick-up weighed a ton. It sure seemed that way, but as you can see from the picture, I got everything out.

Pickup Repacking-01

My temporary coffee table went in first: I loaded my Drills, saws, air compressor, Dremel tool, and t-square into it after I put it in the truck.

Pickup Repacking-08

The above picture shows the “King Kong Mobile Super Box,” aka temporary coffee table positioned. I positioned a couple of other items next to the box to keep it from moving around,. You can also see in both of these pictures the post that keeps the box from sliding backwards. In the next two pictures, you can see the rest of the stuff that goes in the pick-.up. The box that’s up against the house is the one that holds the stuff I use for backing up and hooking up the trailer, including the spring bars and sway-control bar.

Pickup Repacking-02

Pickup Repacking-04

I think I must have been too tired after I finished loading it up to even think about taking a picture of the truck after it was loaded though I do have one that shows it 2/3 loaded.

Pickup Repacking-10

The yellow-overed box holds the water hose, the cable for TV hook up, and the electrical stuff, including the 50 to 30-amp adaptor, a surge protector, and other such items. Ipm really glad to get this done – one more thing off my check-list.

This afternoon, I archived some more cassette tapes and watched some of the TV shows I had taped. It allowed me to take it easy and yet still get some stuff done.

Since I’d worked so hard this morning, I figured I’d skip my walk, but after an afternoon sitting around, I decided to walk anyway.  I guess walking is as addictive as everyone says.

Well, time for bed.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment