Thursday, October 28, 2010

Left Behind Will Be Left Behind

It occurred to me today that if I really wanted to lighten the load in my camper, I would read the12 books in the Left Behind series – all but one of mine are thick, hardcover books.

I read the first six books as they came out, but got so frustrated waiting for the next book. I’d get the latest, read it overnight and have to wait months and months for the next. To relieve my lack of patience with this process, I bought the books as they came out, but put them on the shelf to await the end of the series, deciding to read all twelve in order once I retired..

Here it is, years after the last book was released, I’m retired, and I still haven’t read the series – I really need to read it from the beginning so it will be easier to remember the characters and the sequence of events.

I must admit to some unease about whether I would find re-reading the books tedious and uninteresting. I guess THERE ARE ADVANTAGES TO SUFFERING MEMORY LAPSES.

I’ve read the first forty-six pages of the first in the series, Left Behind, and am already caught up in the story. Jerry B. Jenkins and Tim LaHaye are very talented authors. I turned off the TV and am going to read until I get sleepy – probably won’t take too long.

Today, after some more packing, I took several more boxes over to Goodwill. I then went to Publix and picked up a few necessities.

Tomorrow, it’s back to the chiropractor, though I’ve had very little pain either last night or today. Except for getting up once in the night, I slept the night through – even after the 20-oz. Mountain Dew.

Well, back to my reading.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment