Friday, October 8, 2010

What A Wonderful Lunch

This morning, I went to see my chiropractor and my back feels great right now. He did more acupuncture and I followed it up with 15 minutes in the massage chair. Boy, do I ever miss my massage chair. He said that the pain I’ve been experiencing is due to arthritis and to keep moving. As I lose weight, I’m sure it will get a little easier.

Funny, when I walk at night, the street lights cast a shadow ahead of me and as I get farther from the light, my shadow narrows down considerably. I’m visualizing this happening to me. It’s a great incentive to keep walking. Of course, the analogy breaks down since, when my shadow is thinning out, it is also getting taller. I can’t see myself getting any taller.

Quaker Steak & Lube

Today, I met Richard (my cousin), Irene Miller (Mom’s dear friend from childhood), and Bill and Vivienne McMillen (Irene’s daughter and son-in-law) at Quaker Steak and Lube for lunch. Not only was the food delicious, but the company was wonderful.

We caught up on news and talked of past times and events. Irene is visiting from Painted Post, NY. Bill and Vivienne live in Largo. Richard lives in St. Petersburg, but will soon (probably 12/15/2010) be moving into my house.

Here’s a picture the waiter took at lunch with me, Richard, Bill, Vivienne, and Irene. We’d pretty nearly finished eating by this time.

 Quaker Steak Lunch 20101008-5-1 Mod

I hope we can get together again before Irene goes back to New York.

Selected Knickknacks

As I told you yesterday, I’ve packed up most of my knickknacks, except for some Mark and I made. This picture shows the knickknacks I’ll be keeping. I may find a one or two more.

KnickKnacks To Save-1-1 Mod

Mark made the Snoopy bank for one of my birthdays. I don’t know how he ever did it without my knowing about it, but it was a complete surprise. The rest of the items are used to hold stuff.

The Alexander Hawke Series

A week or so ago, Glenn Beck recommended a book by Ted Bell called Warrior. When I looked it up, I discovered Warrior was the SIXTH book in a series. I don’t know about you, but I can’t stand to begin watching a TV show or movie even just a few minutes after it starts and I certainly never like to read books in a series out of order.

Well, I ordered the other five books and read them in order. Tonight I will finish the fifth and probably start Warrior. They are timely adventure books with evil villains and worthy heroes. Ted Bell definitely believes in good versus evil, that evil exists and that the good must fight it. He sure gives you a lot to think about. I recommend the series and would loan you my books, but they are all on my Kindle so that is impossible.

I know it’s early for me to post my blog, but I think the most interesting aspects of my day are complete. If anything else happens, I’ll write about it tomorrow. Since it’s Friday night, I’ll be watching CBS – Medium, CSI: NY (it’s really much better now with Sela Ward), and Blue Bloods. What an exciting life I lead!

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment