Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Social Network and Only Three Tapes To Go

This morning, I went to see The Social Network, a movie about the creator of Facebook. It was a very interesting movie, not just a tale of how Facebook got going, but also an excellent study of what makes people tick, especially geeky nerds with no social skills to speak of. I enjoyed the movie thoroughly – it makes you think.

I’ve made such great progress on my tape archiving that I only have four more to go of the 100 in the case. I’ve skipped a lot of them, because I realized I would never listen to the music on many of the tapes.

After the movie, I went to Publix and then home and put my groceries away. In the process of that, I threw away a number of expired items in my freezer. There’s a lot of space in my freezer now, which I will leave empty. I’m pretty sure there are other items in the freezer I can throw out, but my hands were getting cold and I don’t like to rush things.

Tomorrow, it’s off to the chiropractor. I sure will be glad when my back and leg get fixed. I was up for 2 1/2 hours in the middle of the night, unable to sleep because of the pain. It’s weird because, during the day, when I’m up and walking around, I mostly am in no pain. For the last 40 days or so, I have walked every day except two and don’t seem to have any problem doing that. But, when I’m lying down, the pain starts and all I can think of is the hurting, which seems to be exacerbated by lying down.

For lunch tomorrow, I’m meeting Richard (my cousin), Bill and Vivienne MacMillan and Mom’s friend, Irene. We’ll be checking out the Clearwater branch of Anthony’s Coal-Fired Pizza. I hope they enjoy it as much as I know i will.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment