Wednesday, October 6, 2010

One Bookcase Down; Seven to Go

Actually, my title is misleading. A few of the seven bookcases are mostly empty, but today I emptied one whole bookcase, took it apart and took it to the dumpster. It was an old pressed-wood bookcase, stretched out and sagging shelves. In the process, I filled FOUR boxes for Goodwill and two for the camper. Those two boxes hold my campground selection materials (better known as campground directories and map help) and RV repair manuals and tech tips.

These banker boxes are just exactly the right sice – not too big andnot too little. I can easily pick them up and move them.

Most of what’s left in the bookcases in the living room are knickknacks. I’m saving a few – the wooden ones Mark and I made together on our Shopsmith. There’s a small shelf between the cabinets over the dining room table. I’ll velcro the items to that.

Morse Code

Today, I discovered a couple of tapes Mark used for studying Morse Code so he could pass his ham radio exam. I archived them and intend to spend a little time learning Morse code. There are lots of opportunities for practice on the Internet – Mark learned before we had access to the web. It’ll be interesting to see whether you can teach this old dog new tricks.

No Disney Tomorrow

I’m sure looking forward to seeing my chiropractor on Friday – my hip pretty much hurts all of the time. No walks until it’s better. I think I must have done something when I moved that stuff in and out of the truck. And I was going to Disney World tomorrow, too! Oh, well, there’ll be other days.

Time for bed. Maybe I’ll be all better in the morning.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment