Friday, May 13, 2011

Bridesmaids

Today, after a very successful visit to the chiropractor – successful in that I feel so much batter – I went to AMC and saw the R-rated movie Bridesmaids. It lasted over two hours, but was so funny, the time flew by. Language was often offensive and there was some nudity, but it really was funny.

It starred a whole bunch of people I didn’t recognize. About the only two I knew were Jon Hamm (he played a schmuck) and Jill Clayburgh. I haven’t seen her in ages. Like Jill Eikenberry, she has not aged well.  Maybe, it’s something to do with the name “Jill.”

The star of the show was Kristen Wiig, who spent some time on Saturday Night Live. She played a poor, down-on-her-luck maid of honor to another SNL alum, who has been in a bunch of movies I haven’t seen. One of the best performances was by Melissa McCarthy, who played the sister of the groom.

If you can overlook the graphic sex and sometimes foul language, I’d recommend seeing it. It is a riot!

My Brother Ray’s Birthday

Today is my brother Ray’s birthday. He’s just a little under two years younger than I am. I talked with him on the phone and know he’s being taken out to dinner at Outback by his wife Margie. Always a good place to go.

Problems with Blog

I tried to post yesterday’s blog well, yesterday, several times, but was not allowed. I hope they’ve got all of the kinks worked out.

Time to go to bed and read Tess Gerritsen’s book The Apprentice. The book, as many of hers do, features the characters of Jane Rizzoli and Maura Isles and are the basis for the TV show Rizzoli and Isles.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment