Friday, May 20, 2011

A Wonderful Birthday

Today, after reading most of the day, my cousin Richard and I went over to my niece Jane’s for dinner before heading to Lowry Park Bandshell for Friday Extra with Rubix Cubed.

It was a wonderful day. Jane made fried rice – as good as her mother’s –, an oriental salad, and green beans. It was all delicious, but to top it off, she made chocolate cake. Fearing their house might catch on fire, they only put two candles on the cake. Don’t worry, I blew them out okay.

As you can see by the pictures, Esther was there as well as Jane’s husband David, and their sons James (he’s the one on the right in the thrid picture) and Bradley.

Birthday2011Pix-01-1sm

 Birthday2011Pix-02-1sm

 Birthday2011Pix-03-1sm

After an enjoyable meal, we all went to Friday Extra to see my favorite band in the area – Rubix Cubed. My nephew Steven plays lead guitar and sings. Surprisingly, he shouted out a “Happy Birthday Aunt Kathy” – I was very moved by it. 

Here we are watching the band.. you can’t see him, but Bradley is behind the tree on the left. They even brought their dogs (in the cart)

 Birthday2011Pix-13-1sm

There were a lot of people there, as you can see by the picture … and that’s not all of the crowd.

 Birthday2011Pix-14-1sm

Steve is the one in the blue vest playing guitar. This band is awesome. If you ever need a band, just go to: http://www.rubixcubedband.com/fr_home.cfm

 Birthday2011Pix-04-1sm

Well, it’s 9:42 and thus way past my bedtime.

By the way, thanks everyone for the birthday wishes. I’m blessed with so many wonderful friends.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment