Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Pray for the Peace of Jerusalem

The Bible says to pray for the peace of Jerusalem. Today, I read the following on TheBlaze.com:

“IF the Arabs were to lay down their weapons, there would be peace.
IF Israel were to lay down their weapons, there would be NO Israel”.

How true this is, though some would disagree.

Movies

Today, I saw two movies: Jumping the Broom and Something Borrowed. Both were very entertaining.

Jumping the Broom is a T.D. Jakes production which stars Angela Bassett, Paula Patton, Laz Alonzo, Loretta Devine, and a number of others too numerous to mention. Gary Dourdan from CSI played a chef. For those of you who do not know, “jumping the broom” was what salves were forced to do when getting married. They were allowed the traditional wedding ceremony. It was funny and sad, but didn’t have any car chases. That’s about the only thing it was missing. I recommend it highly.

Something Borrowed starred Kate Hudson, Ginnifer Goodwyn, Goldie Hawn’s daughter Kate Hudson, Colin Egglesfield, John Krasinski (from The Office), Steve Howey from Reba (though I did not recognize him), Jill Eikenberry had a bit part in the movie – she has really aged since I last saw her.

WARNING: If you go see this movie, do not leave when the credits start. After a few minutes, there is a short clip that ends with the words: “To Be Continued…”

The preview of the newest and last Harry Potter movie was incredible. I can’t wait until July 15th – well, I can; I just don’t want to.

Today I finished the book The Burnt House – an excellent novel.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment