Tuesday, May 24, 2011

For Today and Yesterday (May 23)

When I vowed that nothing would stop me posting my blog every day, I had not counted on browser troubles. Lewis and Clark certainly never had to reinstall and reinstall their 4G modem software and drivers. Sorry for missing yesterday. It’s a long and sad story I won’t bore you with.

Pirates of the Carribbean

Today, I finally went to see the latest Pirates of the Carribbean movie. Johnny Depp was his usual self – he really hammed it up. Geoffrey Rush, from the King’s Speech did a great job as a good/evil man with a wooden leg. The villains were cruel and evil, as they are supposed to be. There were chase scenes, but in wagons, not cars. The special effects were amazing, particularly the mermaids. It’s not a little kid’s movie though, so if your child gets nightmares easily, don’t take them. Of course, they left you hanging and wondering when the next Pirates movie will be.

Lunch with Esther

This afternoon Esther and I met at Mimi’s Cafe for lunch after her appointment with her podiatrist. I had their Sam Adams Beer-Battered Fish and Chips – It was delicious, but I couldn’t finish it all. Esther had some kind of salad so she could have the bread pudding for dessert. She offered me some, but I just couldn’t. I was that full.

Bits and Pieces

The Blaze.com reports that Obama Signs Westminster Abbey Guest Book…Using 2008 Date! I could maybe see 2010, but 2008! I guess we know where his head is.

How ironic that AARP which pushed Obamacare has sought and received a waiver for the same program it pushed!

Well, I’m exhausted so it’s early to bed. Tomorrow, I’m doing laundry at my cousin’s house while I wait for the pest control guy. Richard’s doing a sleep study tonight in Zephyrhills and has a doctor’s appointment there tomorrow.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment