Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Laundry and Lunch

This morning, I took my laundry over to my cousin’s and used his new washer and dryer for the first time. What an improvement over the old ones. The washer and dryer both hold 2 1/2 to 3 times as much laundry as the old ones. I didn’t think I’d notice a difference, but the clothes seemed cleaner. It also takes less time. I’m so glad I have a generous cousin who puts up with my intrusive laundry washing.

While I was at Richard’s, the pest control guy (Jackie) came by. He and my mother always got along well and he nearly always mentions her with fondness. She touched so many lives.

For lunch, Richard and I went to Olde Towne Pizza. This picture is of a beautiful hibiscus flower that grows out front of the place.

Olde Towne Pizza-1-1sm

The food was delicious as always. Instead of my usual strawberry walnut salad, I had an Italian sausage sandwich:

Olde Towne Pizza-5-1sm

I took what you see home along with half of the pizza left here:

Olde Towne Pizza-4-1sm  

Richard had the strawberry walnut salad with lots of strawberries.

Olde Towne Pizza-3-1sm He wasn’t able to eat it all – here is what’s left after he ate about half. He took that and his half of the pizza home with him.

After I got home, I took the garbage to the dumpster and saw a big turtle sitting on something in our pond. The picture doesn’t do justice to his size, but my iPhone doesn’t have a zoom lens. He’s just to the left of that sign (which says no swimming or fishing).

Turtle in Pond-2-1cropped

I’m now going to go to bed and, hopefully, finish the last of the library books I took out on Monday. I’ll probably go to the library tomorrow and get 5 or 6 more.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment