Friday, May 6, 2011

Thor

Today, I had the privilege of seeing the movie Thor, starring Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman and Anthony Hopkins. There were a lot of other cast members, but I didn’t recognize any of them.

Anthony Hopkins played Odin, Thor’s father. Chris Hemsworth played Thor and Natalie Portman played a citizen of Earth. It was an intriguing story, taking place in the “heavenly realms” and on earth, showing Thor maturing. It was an hour and 54 minutes long, but seemed like it was over before you knew it. (Hint: don’t drink a large Coke Zero while watching.)

After the movie, I went to Sam’s and got JUST the two things I went in for. Believe me, that is a first for me, but I have no room and kept telling myself that.

Lunch was a salad and chicken wings from Anthony’s Coal-Fired Pizza. It was delicious as always and I had enough for dinner tonight and some left over for a midnight (probably more like 9:30 pm snack since I go to bed so early).

I spent a quiet afternoon reading. I’m still working on Veil of Night by Linda Howard. I’m anxious to finish it because I downloaded a new Robert B. Parker (written by someone else, but in his style, I guess) novel (Sixkill) and a Mrs. Jeffries Forges Ahead book to my Kindle. I don’t know which I’ll start first, but probably the Mrs. Jeffries book, since I can read it very quickly.

Tomorrow, my cousin Richard and I are going to my sister-in-law Esther’s for lunch with her and my nephew Steven and my niece Jane and her family.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment