Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Twos-day

I’ve decided to spell “Tuesday” with a “Two” in the beginning. That is because Twosday is the day I see two movies at AMC Regency in Brandon. When you’re a senior citizen, movies on Twosday are $6. This allows me to save a lot of money on gas.

Today, I saw Everything Must Go and Priest.

Anyone who knows me very well probably knows I am not a fan of Will Ferrell, but I have to say he did a pretty good job playing an alcoholic who fell off the wagon and, in one day, was fired from his job, came home to find his wife left him and that she had put all of his stuff on the lawn. This was after she had the locks changed on the house, canceled his credit cards and froze their joint bank account. I don’t want to give away the plot so I won’t tell you what happens.

Besides Will Ferrell, the only other person I recognized was Laura Dern, but she wasn’t in the movie much. A young mostly unknown named Christopher Jordan Wallace played Kenny. He was in most of the film and did a great job.

As for Priest, this was basically a vampire movie, but not like any I have ever seen. It’s well worth seeing if you like ugly, creepy, scary monsters and like to watch the battle between good and evil. This was another movie where I hardly recognized the actors. Paul Bettany starred as the priest and Karl Urban as a bad guy. Cam Gigandet and Maggie O were also in it, as was Christopher Plummer – believe me his character was nothing like Captain Von Trapp.

These were both very good movies – at least in my humble opinion.

That pretty nearly took care of my whole day. I am almost done reading Dr. Death by Jonathon Kellerman and then I can start the next book.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment