Friday, August 13, 2010

And Again

Today, after Jackie the pest control guy was here, I decided I’d better go to Sam’s and get some padded envelopes for shipping books. I’d used up all of the small size which I use for single books. I stopped at the post office on the way so I could ship a book I sold last night.

I had listened to the CBS weatherman this morning and he said there was a 20% chance of rain. Well, he wasn’t where I was. Where I was there was a 100% chance of rain. In fact, as soon as I left the Seffner post office, the skies opened up and the rain began to fall.

When I got to Sam’s, it wasn’t just raining. I think I saw animals in pairs walking toward a big boat. Not wanting to get drenched, I decided to wait it out, but after 45 minutes, I donned my hat and jacket and sloshed through the water to the door where other brave souls were also going in the store.

By the time I finished shopping, the rain had mostly stopped. In fact, the sun shone brightly, even though little drops were still falling.

Tomorrow, the plan is to see The Expendables with Bruce Willis, Sly Stallone, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jet Li, etc. From the ads, it looks as if it will be a funny, exciting, action-packed film.

Sometime this weekend, I want to go to Sarasota and see if the Pontillo’s Pizzeria there is as good as the ones in New York.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment