Sunday, August 8, 2010

Only 12 Hours To Go

After an exhaustive day of watching Covert Affairs, Psych, and a couple of episodes of Hot in Cleveland (I just couldn’t stand to watch any more – how inane), I had to take a nap. Time for a pity party for me?

As it stands right now, I only have 12 hours of recorded programs left to watch, including episodes of Burn Notice and Freedom Watch with Judge Andrew Napalitano. I’ll probably watch the rest tomorrow when I have to wait around the house for Fed Ex. Tonight, I’ll be watching the Food Network: a couple of Challenges and tonight’s episode of The Next Food Network Star. I’ll probably skip Iron Chef America since it’s on so late.

I’ve decided to try a 3G modem for access to the Internet. I’ll need something reliable when I start camping full time and this seems like the best idea I’ve heard yet. In addition to the USB modem, I’ve ordered an external antenna for it which should increase the range and the reliability of the signal.

My sister-in-law Margie has a 3G card and it apparently works really well. In fact, it should work wherever my cell phone works. I’ve got a month to test it. If it turns out to do the job, I’ll cancel my home phone, use my cell phone for phone service, and the 3G card for Internet service. That should save a few bucks each month and be more reliable than most campground WiFi. The Verizon rep I spoke with said about 1/4 of all American homes now use cell phones exclusively.

My only concern with the 3G plan is that one is limited to 5 GB per month. It should be enough, but we’ll see.

I actually started out this morning with my camera, etc. to go to Lettuce Lake Park. I was going to try to take some exciting photos, using some of the techniques I’ve been studying, but as I was leaving the house, I noticed the dark sky -- it has rained several times today so it’s a good thing I changed my mind.

I also had a frustrating time today trying to upload some pictures to eBay so I could put up some more stuff for sale. I think my Internet Explorer settings on my new laptop are messed up somehow, because I can still upload pictures okay with my desktop PC. I did make some progress, but need to make a little more.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment