Sunday, August 1, 2010

Just Call Me Lumpy

As I told you all yesterday, I fell and cracked my head open again. Besides the puddle of blood left at Camping World, by the end of the day, my t-shirt collar was full of blood, my hair was matted, and there was a big lump on my head. However, I never really got a headache, never experienced double vision, was able to eat and not feel any nausea and feel just fine – except for my back. Actually, even my back is not that bad. It only hurts when I try to turn over in bed. I can walk and sit and move around pretty well with no pain.

This morning, I was up at 5:30 and started my laundry. Esther called at about 6:30 – I was glad she didn’t follow through on her promise to call me every two hours. I slept pretty well, but did get up about 3:30 to go to the bathroom. I half considered calling her at that time, but didn’t. I was able to shower and shampoo my hair this morning without getting it bleeding again too badly.

Karen and I went to see Cats and Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore. It was a scream. Bette Midler was the voice of the evil cat and she did a terrific job. With the skilled animation of her kitty character, Kitty Galore was the “purr”fect villain. Chris O’Donnell of NCIS LA was one of the human characters; Jack McBrayer of Thirty Rock was another. If you get a chance to see it, I think you would enjoy it.

I was pleased to see that Anthony’s Coal-Fired Pizza had not gone out of business while I was gone. Their pizza, wings and salad were just as good as I remembered.

It took me all afternoon to go through the mail (with the exception of an hour for a nap). I ended up with a garbage can full of paper to dispose of and lots of “to-do’s” to do.

I am making some progress watching the TV programs I taped while gone. I’ve watched 3 episodes of The Closer, 2 of In Plain Sight, 5 of Ace of Cakes, 3 of Bones, and several of Pawn Stars.

I’ll probably go to bed in an hour or so and read for a bit – Babylon Rising: The Edge of Darkness. Tomorrow, I have to go to Camping World to discuss the work I want done on my camper, then to the bank to deposit a check. My house is a real mess and I need to spend some quality and quantity time getting it in order. Oh, as you know, it’s my most favorite thing to do.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment